- Date: Sunday 5th June 2011 (the evening before Berlin Buzzwords)
- When: 5.00pm - 9.30pm (registration from 4.30pm)
- Who: Eligible are all registered attendees of Berlin Buzzwords. However only people who have put their name in the table below are guaranteed to be let in! Please sign up below, along with a brief bit of your interests.
In keeping with the main Berlin Buzzwords conference, we're going to be focusing on similar themes!
The overriding theme of the evening is NoSQL, with a side order of Search. We're especially keen for people to discuss, and give talks on:
- Using NoSQL in new areas
- NoSQL comparisons (eg which is the best project for different content problems?)
- Deploying NoSQL - case studies and war stories
- Searching - Apache Lucene + SOLR tips and tricks
However, being a BarCamp, the exact schedule won't be decided until the day, based on who comes, and what everyone wants to hear about and talk on!
- Berlin Buzzwords - our sister event - 2 day conference on Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th June on Search, Store and Scale
- mixd.tv - kindly providing the venue
- Alfresco - Food and Beer
If someone else would like to sponsor some more beer, then we wouldn't say no!
- Everything is taking place on the evening of Sunday 5th June*
Note - schedule is still provisional, we hope to confirm the start time shortly!
- 4.30pm - Doors open, registration begins
- 5.00pm - Welcome, and Introduction to BarCamps session
- 5.15pm - Session scheduling - you decide what you want to hear about!
- 5.30pm - First sessions begin
- ~ 7pm - Food arrives
- 9.00pm - Sessions end
- 9.15pm - Retire to a nearby pub for more beer
Most sessions will run for 30 minutes, so we should be able to get through a lot of different topics and interests over the course of the night! We'll aim to run multiple sessions (probably 2, sometimes 3) in different rooms.
Alfresco are kindly sponsoring some food for partway through the evening. We hope it'll be something similar to last year, but we're still working out the details. There will also be some free beer (again thanks to Alfresco), but alas no cash bar this year. We're checking on if people can bring their own beer too.
We're in the same venue as last year (though the name has changed!). mixd.tv are kindly hosting us in their office, which is the former Newthinking Store.
The venue is located at Tucholskystrasse 48, 10117 Berlin. Directions below.
As with last year, we hope to have one large room and two smaller rooms available for sessions.
If you'd like to help out, please sign up here! We're after people to help with:
- Registration (manning the desk, helping produce copies of the schedule etc)
- Local advice (for people coming to the BarCamp and the conference)
- Please also have a look at the conference wiki, and add more information there!
- Maybe projectors, white boards etc, depends on the venue
We're slightly limited on space, so we'd ask that people wishing to come along sign up below. If the main section is full, put yourself on the waiting list, and we'll let you know nearer the time if we'll be able to squeeze you in....
To sign up, make sure you're signed in to the buzzwords site (see just under the banner), then click "EDIT" in the top left, and edit this wiki page.
|Name||Twitter / Homepage||Interested in|
|1||Nick Burch||@Gagravarr||Organiser, Apache Tika, and what's hot in NoSQL!|
|2||Isabel Drost||@MaineC||Co-Organiser, All things scalable|
|3||Jan Lehnardt||All things NoSQL (and Apache CouchDB of course)|
|4||Simon Willnauer||@s1m0nw||All things searchable (in particular Apache Lucene)|
|5||Björn Uhl||All things about scale and search|
|6||Shay Banon||@kimchy||Founder, elasticsearch|
|7||Kristian Müller||@kristian_m||NoSQL, Co-Organiser (mixd.tv)|
|9||Lukas Vlcek||@lukasvlcek||the Search, the Life, the Universe, and Everything|
|10||Kai Gellien||Search / NoSQL / BigData|
|11||Federico Brubacher||@fbru02||ML / NoSQL/ BigData|
|12||Ryan Betts||@ryanbetts||Big data / real time analytics|
|13||Sascha Klein||@Telegehirn||NoSQL, Apache Lucene|
|14||Tim Sell||@swanpants||Data Science, HBase, Solr|
|15||Christopher Schmidt||@fakod||NoSQL, DFS, BigData, (Spatial-) Search, Scala|
|16||Thomas Koch||https://www.koch.ro||Scala, Gerrit Code Review, Code Quality, CouchDB|
|17||Robert Jung||-||Hadoop, Analytics, CouchDB|
|18||Alessandro Vitale||Mahout / BigData / Sentiment|
|19||Mathias Leppich||@muhqu / https://tadaa.net||CouchDB, RabbitMQ|
|20||Szymon Gładysz||https://nk.pl||Real time analytics|
|21||Ivica Milosevic||Ops @digg|
|22||Milan Stanojevic||Ops @vast.com|
|23||Janos Guljas||Ops @vast.com|
|25||Komadinovic Vanja||@vanjakom||Big Data, Hadoop, No SQL|
|26||Stojanovic Luka||Big data, zookeeper, CouchDB, analytics|
|27||Frank Conrad||scale, big data, hadoop|
|27||Daniel Boekhoff||hadoop, mongodb|
|28||Jasper Raedisch||@jraedisch||mongodb, scala|
|29||Ahik Man||@ahikman||NoSql, Scale, Deployment|
|30||Ruben Abad||@ruabag||Social Mining, Big Data|
|31||Oscar Marin Miro||@oscarmarinmiro||Social Network Analysis, Recommenders|
|32||Alejandro Gonzalez||@nihilistBird||Beer, Philosophy and Information Retrieval|
|33||Leonardo Menezes||@leonardomenezes||Solr, Big Data, Startup Ideas|
|34||Marco Machicao y Priemer||Solr, Lucene|
|35||Clinton Gormley||@clintongormley||ElasticSearch, Scale|
|36||Julien Nioche||https://www.digitalpebble.com||Crawl, Text Analysis, Search|
|37||Markus Weimer||Yahoo!||Computational infrastructure for large scale machine learning|
|38||Ate Douma||Hippo||NoSQL, Search|
|40||Rong Zhai||@zhairong1975||nosql, hadoop, Social Network Analysis|
|41||Nick Telford||@nicktelford||Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, scaling problems, distributed systems|
|42||Anders Rask||https://www.findwise.com||Solr, Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Elastic search|
|43||Sture Svensson||https://www.findwise.com||Solr, Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Elastic search|
|44||Tim Robertson||SOLR, Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Oozie|
|45||Lars Francke||SOLR, Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Oozie|
|46||Kyle Braak||SOLR, Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Oozie|
|47||Jose Cuadra||SOLR, Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Oozie|
|48||Andrea Hahn||SOLR, Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Oozie|
|49||Oliver Meyn||SOLR, Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Oozie|
|50||Markus Doring||SOLR, Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Oozie|
|51||Dragan Todorovic||SOLR, Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Oozie|
|52||Guenter Hipler||https://www.swissbib.ch||Search, Hadoop|
|53||Andreas Jud||Search, Hadoop|
|54||Mingjie Lai||@mingjielai||Hadoop, HBase|
|55||Eric Evans||@jericevans||Cassandra, NoSQL, Hadoop|
|56||Reinhard Poetz||@reinhardpoetz||NoSQL, HBase, Lily, Cassandra, Solr, Lucene|
|60||Andre Schumacher||SOLR, Lucene, Hadoop, Nutch, Mahout|
|64||Daniel Truemper||@truemped||Solr/ElasticSearch, NoSQL, ZeroMQ|
|65||Stefan Antoni||@suchkultur||Search and more|
|66||Lars George||@larsgeorge||Hadoop, HBase, and Whirr|
|67||Alexandre Morgaut||@amorgaut||NoSQL, SSJS, REST, MDD, Wakanda|
|68||Manuel Meßner||@mwm42||Hadoop, HBase|
If the table above is full, please put yourself on the waiting list here:
|Name||Twitter / Homepage||Interested in|
Things we need
(please -cross out- if you're able to help out with something, and put your name next to it)
- A projector for the 1st room
- A projector for the 2nd room
- Labels for people's names
- Big flipcharts for writing the schedule onto
- Coloured paper for writing session details on
- bluetak etc
- Beer? (Alfresco are kindly sponsoring some, but we could always use more!)
- colored A4 paper
- white A4 paper
- a roll of wrapping paper
- a roll of white sticky foil
- a pair of scissors
- masking tape
- scotch tape
- a projector
- a big LCD screen (should be fine to replace/subsitude a second projector)
- power and vga cable for those
- name tags
The venue is the former Newthinking Store, now the mixd.tv Office, which is where we held the event last year.
The address is: Tucholskystr. 48, 10117 Berlin
To get to BarCamp from the main conference venue: Take the M29 Bus from outside the venue to Checkpoint Charlie, then the U6 subway line to Oranienburger Tor, and finally it's a short walk down Linienstrasse. For more details see also the route planner at https://www.bvg.de
The venue is centrally located. Well, Berlin does not have just one city center ;) However, the venue is located in the district Mitte, which in English literally means "center".
Tags for twitter flickr, delicious, ma.gnolia, technorati etc.
We'll be using the tag #bbuzz , in common with the main conference
What to bring
- All the chargers/cables you'll need
- A plugboard (powerstrip) to make sure we have enough sockets
- If you're using a Mac for a presentation, VGA adapters
- Spare battery (if you need one to last 5+ hours)
- An idea for a session, presentation, talk or hacking. Whatever, it's your choice!
- A smile